If you’re looking for a vegetarian burger recipe, then you should try this Aloo Tikki burger recipe. Lentils, chickpeas, peas, quinoa are excellent sources of protein, which you can use as a substitute for minced meat. Potatoes along with fresh vegetables and with the right spices, you can make absolutely delicious meatless burger patties.
We love to transform regular recipes into healthy versions, this recipe combines quinoa, which contains complete proteins, boiled potatoes, and smoked paprika. It works great with a tzatziki sauce, or mayonnaise.
Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe with Quinoa & Vegetables
Ingredients for aloo tikki burger recipe
- 2 Burger buns
- 850 g Potatoes -boiled
- 2 tablespoons oil- (extra virgin olive oil)
- 100 g Quinoa-boiled and cooled
- 1 tablespoon Green chili chopped, or ¼ chili flakes
- 1 Onion-finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Bunch chopped coriander
- Green peas-1 cup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
- 2 Garlic cloves-crushed
- Tomato-4 slices
- Baby spinach
- Salt & Pepper, or chat masala
Preparation Method for aloo tikki burger recipe
- Boil potatoes, and quinoa, and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 200° C.
- In a pan add oil, garlic, and onion.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes, then add smoked paprika, chili, lemon juice, and coriander.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Mash potatoes, and add the onion mixture, boiled quinoa, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients, and start making burger patties.
- Place them in a baking tray coated with cooking paper.
- Spray a little bit of oil on each patty, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Put hot patties on burgers, tomato slices, onion slices, and baby spinach.
- Add mayonnaise or tzatziki sauce.
Aloo tikki burger recipe can be made with a multitude of veggies, like carrots, cabbage, peas, chickpeas, lentils. Add anything you like; the taste will be amazing! Indian burgers are fried in oil and coated with breadcrumbs, but this is our healthier version. We hope you liked it!