This is the best baked Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe. You’ll get nice and tender chicken, with the best homemade teriyaki sauce, using simple ingredients.
Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Recipe with Rice
If you try this recipe once, you will not want to try another baked Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe
- 4 Chicken breasts (without skin)
- 160 ml Soya sauce (low salt content)
- 60 ml Water
- 60 ml Vinegar (obtained from rice wine)
- 120 gr Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- ¼ teaspoon Chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- Spring Onion (chopped)
- Boiled rice for serving
Cooking Method for Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe
- Preheat the oven at 200° C.
- Grease with oil a big baking tray.
- Place the chicken into the tray.
- Put a medium pan over the high flame, and add 120 ml soya sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sugar, chili flakes, and garlic.
- Mix well.
- When sauce started boiling, add the rest of the soya, and corn starch.
- Mix it well until corn starch is completely dissolved.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, and add sesame seeds.
- Pour ½ of teriyaki sauce over the chicken, and make sure it’s completely coated.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid, and add the rest of the soya sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve with boiled rice.